Yeah! I'm 100% sure this has been my favorite project thus far. It was easy, but it actually took a lot more time than you'd expect!
After some finishing touches I waxed this baby with the Annie Sloan Clear Wax. I love the matte finish the wax produces, but let me tell you- it does take longer than using the polycrylic. You really have to take the time to use small amounts of wax at a time, start out spreading it over a large area, and then REALLY buff it in.
I made the mistake on my Old White end table by using large amounts of wax without buffing it in well enough.
When you're done waxing you want it to feel like a thin layer on the piece. And with this one it really did. I feel like the research I've done and the experience I've had with painting/waxing has really made this piece reach its full potential.
Now, time to sell it! Hate to see this one go! My husband keeps staring at it saying "It's perfect..."
I think I'm going to help him get started on his first project... I think he has an artsy side that he doesn't know about yet...
Good luck everyone! Let me know if you have any questions!
The "Earth" without "art" is just "eh"
No comments:
Post a Comment