Saturday, October 3, 2015

Annie Sloan vs. Renaissance

The children's bed was my first project done with Renaissance chalk paint. It's a couple bucks (yes, only a couple bucks) cheaper than Annie Sloan paint and you can buy it on Amazon. I read really good reviews on Amazon, saying it was very much comparable to Annie Sloan paint.

But when I tried mixing it with water (as I do with Annie Sloan paint), it didn't mix very well. It seemed that no matter how much water I put in it and no matter how much I mixed it, I could never get it to have a regular consistency throughout.

So, the application process was more difficult, and it didn't look as good.

I started painting the children's chair (my next project I will share with you all, soon. I'm almost done!) yesterday with the Annie Sloan paint, and it felt so good to go back to the Annie Sloan pain! It mixes well with the water and goes on the piece so easily and smoothly.

In short, Annie Sloan paint wins!

Let me know what you guys think! Keep in mind, that I've only tried one can (not the whole can, of course) of the Renaissance paint. It could be that I got a bad batch.... But since it's only a couple bucks less than Annie Sloan, I think I will stick to Annie Sloan. But I still want to try out the home made paint chalk! I will do that and then report back to you!

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths" -Walt Disney

No comments:

Post a Comment