I had a blast making this bed! I ended up doing 4 coats because the underlying stain was so dark. I think it turned out great, and best of all my niece says that she loves it. It really brightens up her room and I love the contrast of the bright white against her girly purple accent wall.
I don't know how dark wax would look with this bright white.... But my niece didn't want it dark at all, anyway.
It's so fun doing projects for kids, because there is no pressure to make it perfect, at all. I doubt she sees any of my mistakes. And most of all, she senses the love I put into the project more than any adult could.
Next project I'm working on: A small children's chair!!
"Let us put our minds together and see what life we can make for our children."-Sitting Bull
No comments:
Post a Comment