My latest project is my niece's wooden bed!!
What a cutie! She looks just like her mom. And look at that fun purple bedroom!
This is somewhat of a quick project. We didn't take it apart or anything. I just painted very carefully around the screws. But first, I sanded it down, and removed stickers (and a glued on piece of mirror, ha!) with alcohol.
She and her mom wanted bright white, so I found White Snow, made by Renaissance. The picture shows only one coat. Don't expect one coat of white paint to cover up a dark stained piece! Don't let the look of the first coat discourage you. I will end up doing three coats, I'm sure.
I even got some help from my little niece. She is quite the painter! Should have gotten pics of that!
I couldn't finish the piece in one visit, because we went to the fair that night! It's important to take breaks!
I will update you guys with the final piece!
"Taking time to live life will only inspire your work"
No comments:
Post a Comment