Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Waxing Brush vs. Rag

Debate time!!

Having recently finished my picture frames I had the opportunity to compare the wax application process with that of my Old White End Table. (Background info: I used a wax brush to apply the wax on the end table. I used a rag to apply wax to my frames)

With the wax brush I was able to easily cover a lot of surface area on the end table, but it didn't do a very good job at buffing it deep into the paint. That's why it was pretty tacky, even hours and days after application.

With the rag, I wasn't able to apply the wax over a large surface area very fast. However! It was much easier and more effective in buffing the wax into the underlying paint.

I would say that for large pieces of furniture, it would be best to apply the wax with a brush and then immediately buff it in with a cloth.

*Remember! Don't over do it with the wax! More is not always better!

But, when doing a small project, just stick with the cloth.

Let me know what you think, using these tips on your own projects!


Still loving the chalk paint!!!
 
 
Good luck, ladies and gents!
 
 
"What you do today can improve all your tomorrows" -Ralph Marston

No comments:

Post a Comment