Horrible lighting, I know!! Definitely cannot see the beauty shining forth from these ones!
You can see the Gilder's Paste around the edges of this one. I'm loving the Gilder's Paste, aren't you???!!
Okay, the process! (Which happens to be very inexpensive, by the way!)
1. I bought some frames from Deseret Industries (make sure there is glass and that the clamps in the back allow you to easily remove the picture already in it). Or use some old frames that you already have! I had some that were just ugly colors. Remember, you can use wood or plastic or even glass frames.
2. Remove glass (don't cute yourself! I did!) Clean! Use water, soap and then dry thoroughly.
3. Apply Chalk Paint (I used Annie Sloan). You may need to do a couple to a few coats, depending on the original color.
4. After final coat is dry, apply the clear wax (or you can use polycrylic).
5. Apply dark wax if desired.
6. Apply Gilder's paste to edges if desired.
On the biggest frame, I did the dark wax and the guilder's paste. I applied the Gilder's past with just my finger. This makes the application process a lot easier! However, use a cloth to apply the wax (not terry)
Apparently I need a newer, more expensive camera...
Now, all my frames match!
Before: This is a before shot of a frame I bought. It was a beautiful wood but had some scratches so I sanded it a bit and then cleaned it.
Didn't get a "before" photo of this one. It was in perfect shape (beautiful wood, flawless glass), but it was just an ugly color. Didn't have to sand it or anything. Just painted and waxed! Excited to put a picture of our newest niece in it!
After! Used Beautiful Old White color and Robin's Egg Blue.
I used Gilder's Paste around the edge of this one too. Really gave it quite an attractive shine.
Hard to see the shine in this one.
"Taking pictures is savoring life intensely, every hundredth of a second." -Mark Riboud
No comments:
Post a Comment