Monday, July 27, 2015

Annie Sloan Products & Others

Purchasing Wax Brush

Using a wax brush is optional, however I have tried Annie Sloan's wax brush for the clear wax application and I liked it a lot. Unfortunately, I lost it in the move, so I looked on Amazon and found
Chalkology Professional Wax Brush. I have yet to use it. I will give you a review once I have.

Tip!  If you use the brush, make sure you soak it in hot water before using, in order to get the stray bristles out. Otherwise you'll get a bunch sticking to your piece first time using it. You may still have some come out, but it will eventually stop. Don't let it discourage you! If it does, just use a rag/cheese cloth.

Annie Sloan Products

Annie Sloan Stockist Locator will show you where you can buy Annie Sloan paint near you. I'm in Salt Lake, so I go to .... (drum roll, please)

 
Drab 2 Fab
183 East 7200 South
Midvale, Utah
 
 
They sell solely Annie Sloan products, and they have really cute furniture project examples that they've done. They can also answer any questions you have! Cool! 

Other Chalk Paint Brand

There are many other chalk paint brands available. I've heard that Valspar Chalk Paint is significantly cheaper and found at your local Home Depot or Lowe's. Be aware that this paint doesn't distress quite as well as Annie Sloan. When distressing with sandpaper, it produces more of a "chipped" look. But you may want to try it for yourself! The cheaper price may make it worth it to ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment